Vultures Row: A Comment in Detail…



A Comment in Detail…

In a recent posting, some on commented in a rather bizarre fashion:

“MAN, YOU YOU OFFEND ME WITH YOUR BETRAYAL OF AMERICAN COMMONSENSE. SOMEONE JUST CALLED FROM INDIANA, AFFECTED BY RUSH LIMBAUGH'S CHRONIC ANTI AMERICAN MISINFORMATION AND THE HIGHLIGHT OF NEW AMERICANS COMING IN FROM THE SOUTH.
SO HE SPAT IN MY EAR WITH THE WORST ENGLISH EVER TAUGHT IN SOME HATEFUL KKK SCHOOL. HE SAID HE WANTED TO TALK TO AN AMERICAN. WHAT DID HE MEAN? , HE OBVIOUSLY HE DID NOT WANT TO TALK TO GERONIMO, OR MARTIN LUTHER . HE WANTED TO TALK TO A redneck.”


I’m sure I do not know what a KKK school is, and I have no idea what Rush Limbaugh has to do with Vultures Row I doubt Mr. Limbaugh even is aware of the existence . Is our commentator implying that if you are not a Native American, or a German Monk that you are not an American? What any of that has to do with Vultures Row, I do not know, but the commenter continues with:

“This is what your vulture blog has helped create, people who are political, ideological and cultural dinosaurs.”

I am flattered that he thinks that I have this much influence, that I could help create a political, ideological and cultural movement, however I doubt this commentary blog has that much sway in the course of the American Consciousness.


”You and these milestones are keeping USA (way back ,back back,and more back ) IN THE EARLY 19TH CENTURY. That's a century behind. Even India has passed you in simple commonsense.”

Me and these milestones? What milestones? And how is a milestone (A stone marker set up on a roadside to indicate the distance in miles from a given point OR An important event, as in a person's career, the history of a nation, or the advancement of knowledge in a field; a turning point.) holding the country way back, back, back and more back in the early 19th century. (mind you that is a century behind) With all the advances in technology (this whole internet thing) and the advances we have made since the time frame of 1801-1900, I’m not sure how we could be considered to be living 205 years in the past. There are clues that even culturally we are more advanced than we were in 1801; for example slavery has been recognized as evil in America and has been outlawed.

I did visit his blog and was astounded at his logic and his methodology at addressing his points. In one post he states:
“This will bring reactions from coffee shops and Bars, Barber saloons and restaurants in the Red States , such as , ‘Kill them, , Run them over if you have to, but get the “illegals” out.”

And in a posting about the Dixie Chicks he state
“…RED States in Trailer Parks (mobile Parks) REDNECKS live..”

A posting about baseball contains this nugget:
“…hate (a favorite word of the RED states)”

My contention with his points is that he was decrying the bigotry of the right all the while he is being bigoted to southerners and people on the right, which reading his posts he thinks the right is either rich white males or poor brainwashed rednecks.

The right is not about racism, he has just bought into the talking points of the left media machine.

The fact is President Johnson could not have gotten the Civil Rights act of 1964 passed without the southern Republicans. The democrats were trying their hardest to defeat it and in fact the majority of votes for the act were cast by Republicans.

He wonders how anyone could be a conservative. I offer the following reasons for myself only. I do not mean to say my ideals are the best or superiors to others, I am simply stating that these are my reasons for being a conservative:

I believe in personal accountability
I believe in economic freedom
I believe in fiscal responsibility
I believe in helping people succeed not trapping them in misery
I believe in the rule of law
I believe in the potential of each person
I believe in the fact that our country, while not perfect, is the best in the world

 

Blog contents copyright 2010 Vulture 6

Site Meter