Vultures Row: Loaves of Bread and Faith



Loaves of Bread and Faith

The other day I was holding a bible study with my kids.  We were studying the Gospels and how they relate to each other.  I mentioned that the feeding of the five thousand was  in all four of the Gospels.  My oldest son asked how it could be that four loaves of bread could feed that many people.  

I told him it was a matter of faith.  I explained that Jesus had perfect faith in his Father so he was able to break the bread enough that there was plenty for everyone.  “Perhaps”, I said “when he broke the bread that each piece was restored and they could do that again and again because they had faith.”  At this moment, my youngest piped up,

“Or maybe they were at Olive Garden and got the endless salad and bread sticks”.

 

Blog contents copyright 2010 Vulture 6

Site Meter