Vultures Row: The First Post



The First Post

Ok Brian are you happy I made a blog. I’m kicking and screaming into this but I have to because all of the people out there in the world are driving me nuts and I need a way to vent, comment, bitch and share my opinions for what ever it’s going to be worth.

A bit about me might be in order. I can’t spell to save my life. Instead of actually spending time learning how, I rely on Bill Gates and MS Word. (Thanks Big Bill). I’m 36, on my second marriage. I have kids that live out of state with their mother. I hate not seeing them more than I do, but this is the way things have worked out. I go to a University at night in an accelerated program designed for working adults, and no it’s not South Phoenix University, it’s a real school with a real campus. I was a horrible student in High School those many yeas ago. I’m amazed that I’ve have a 3.77 GPA. I’m also proud of my wife who is also attending and a lot closer to her bachelor’s degree with a solid 4.0 GPA.

I am a conservative, a capitalist and I am a Christian. I make no apologies for my beliefs. I know it is not politically correct to be proud of being them, but I can’t help it. I profess my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. It is through God’s Grace that I can have hope. I am always trying to improve myself to be a better person and to try to live up to the examples set forth to me. I am a conservative because I love my country and I want it strong economically, physically and morally. I believe all these goals can be achieved while being a good neighbor to the rest of the word. The United States is the best hope for peace in the world. I am constantly floored by how many people do not get that we are the most generous nation. We incur so much debt to help others and we do not get thanks for it. We spend our money, time and blood so others can have the right to be free to right to live any way they want and all we as in return is that you live peacefully with your neighbors and with us.

I’m not sure exactly how America got involved in Iraq the second time. I know it was a very worthy cause. It will pay dividends for years to come in the form of democracy and for people who have never known freedom.

I also believe that the majority of people in the nation love this country but get too wrapped up in their own lives to see the big picture. While I do not believe in a huge liberal conspiracy of any sort, but I feel that the media is overwhelmingly liberal (what college is the journalism program in at any university, liberal arts isn’t it?) I do tend to think that as long as the public keeps thinking that reality is a hot woman trying to decide which one of ten guys is her soul mate that or who is the biggest threat on an island that I will keep thinking about Bread and Circuses.

 

Blog contents copyright 2010 Vulture 6

Site Meter